Hey, I'm Steven Naber. A recent Computer Systems graduate from the Inland Empire with a passion for programming.
- Location: Corona, CA, USA
- Education: Bachelor's in Computer Systems from Cal State University, San Bernardino
- Interests: Programming, music production, visual art, cooking
- Technologies:Bootstrap, WordPress, Git, Unity, Photoshop
- Currently: Looking for a web development or software engineer position while freelancing on the side
Anabi Oil Intranet Website
May 2019 – Present
- Managed the implementation of security measures including restricted login, IP address white listing, and firewall to prevent access from unauthorized users.
- Designed the UI and created graphics with Photoshop to make the site more eye catching.
With respect to confidentiality I am unable to share images, a live demo, or source code.
TrueCare for Pets Pawcast
Jan 2019 – Present
- Produced an animal health podcast with hundreds of listeners in collaboration with a board certified surgeon and part owner of a Los Angeles veterinary hospital.
- Audio mix and engineer for each episode.
- Managed the distribution of episodes.
Oct 2017 – July 2018
- Implemented a personal portfolio website with GitHub Pages, Cloudflare, and Git version control.
- Uses the Bootstrap framework for responsive design on all platforms.
- It's the website you're currently on.
UB Hackers Club Website
Feb 2018 – May 2018
- Website for my Computer Science club that I instructed (during the 2017-2018 academic year) through the Upward Bound program at CSUSB.
- Hosts C++ and Unity3D code for students to download.
- Utilizes Google Forms for students to check in/out as well as club applications.
4-person project | Jan 2018 – Mar 2018
- Created a virtual breadboard circuit mobile app to help Physics students practice circuitry without hardware.
- Practiced agile software development within a team with frequent collaboration with the client.
- Acted as a software engineer and sole UI Designer.
Our project should be continued on in future iterations of the CSE 455: Software Engineer CSUSB course.
Oracle SQL Music Database
4-person project | Oct 2017 – Dec 2017
- Conceptually designed database with named entities and attributes, relationships, and an Entity-Relationship Diagram in UML.
- Full normalization of database design with defined constraints on design.
- Created full implementation SQL file with CREATE, TRIGGER, INDEX, VIEW, UPDATE, and SELECT statements.
Melancholia and the Halloween Curse
Jan 2018 – Mar 2018
- Implemented with GameMaker Studio 1.4 and GML language.
- Created the game’s engine from the ground up including a system for stats, menus, battle, saving/loading, and items.
- Created all the music and sound effects as well as designed all the art in the game using a pixel art style.
GameMaker Studio 1.4
2-person project | Apr 2017 – Jun 2017
- Utilizes DigitalOcean for CloudVM with Linux Ubuntu.
- Demonstrates a productive workflow between a team of Docker developers.
- Nagios and Jenkins deploys for system monitoring and automation tasks.
LAMP Web Server
2-person project | Jan 2017 – Mar 2017
- Uses Ubuntu Server 12.04 to create an Apache2 secure web server.
- Includes PHP and MySQL as a web back-end.
- SQL Databases are used to store user registration and login data with different access levels.
- Different web content is deployed depending on the user's access level.
Ubuntu Server 12.04